LED is stand for Light Emitting Diode. It means semiconductor (diode) that can produce visible light. Sometimes LED called as Solid State Lighting, because it made from solid form or material. On conventional lighting, light produce by gas that ignited by filament on closed tube or glass. That’s why conventional lighting must be taken care carefully on packaging, delivery and installation because it’s fragile.
- A semiconductor device that converts electrical energy directly into discrete color of light
- Made from different materials and substrates
- Made in chip fabrication factories
- No brass, glass and gas (“solid state”)
- White LED Sources are a blue LED device + phosphor